DocPad is a free alternative to Notepad. Although it fills the same role, plain text editing, it offers an arsenal of time-saving tools: block indent/unindent, bookmarking, case conversion, customizable toolbar, encoding conversion, file history, jump to line/offset, keyboard macros, print preview, search and replace, skinnable interface, spell checking, statistics, variable pitch font, and much more. It also includes a built-in calculator, calendar, and character map.
- Alphabetization of paragraphs
- Block indention and unindention
- Calculator, calendar, and character map tools
- Convert various encodings including Base-64, Quoted-Printable, UTF-7, etc.
- Convert to lower/upper/title/sentence case
- Cut, copy, and paste
- File type association tool
- File drag & drop
- Help file
- Jump to line/character
- Keyboard macros (unlimited in size and number)
- Normalize spaces
- Print and Print Preview (user can adjust margins, font, page numbering).
- Recent file history
- Search and replace, including case-insensitive, whole-word, and wildcard searches.
- Selectable character set
- Skinnable user interface
- Spell checking
- Statistics on characters, words, lines, and paragraphs
- Text drag & drop
- Toolbar, Status Bar
- Trim trailing spaces from lines
- Undo up to 100 changes
- Variable-pitch fonts support
- Word wrap
Download: DocPad 10.0